Powering SaaS Solutions on the Cloud
Whether end-to-end software or turn-key IT projects, whether you are an established industry leader or the newest start-up, from conceptualization through software development and QA to end-delivery and even outsourcing, Comm-IT has the solution for any of your needs.
Israel’s leading systems house, we have been providing our customers with a unique and integrative solution under one roof since 2005. Our development areas include mobile, IoT, Big Data, communications and other applications, embedded systems and IoT devices, cloud solutions, cyber and security solutions, advanced algorithms for AI, media and interactive platforms and more.
First, best, and at your service
A trailblazer in SaaS, CommIT utilizes our vast experience and knowledge so your idea can become an unparalleled success story. With the evolving challenges of multi-tenancy – security, performance and maintaining QoS – all SaaS projects are ever-changing ecosystems. The key to traversing them successfully is precise and responsive architecture. We know what questions to ask to define features, budget tightly and plot technologies, producing a robust viewpoint of your project on which we build. We deploy our experts, both in mix and number, according to the emergent needs of the project, allowing for transparent and complete control of both budget and timetables.
We deliver unique, tailor-made and personalized Software as a Service solutions. Whatever the business sector, whatever size organization and whatever the complexity of the project we can and will deliver.
Contact us to learn how CommIT can drive your SaaS forward on AWS.
Our SaaS Capabilities
Our team is the most experienced in Israel in both design and build of SaaS solutions, integrating several critical layers for SaaS architecture:
- SaaS Identity and Onboarding
- Tenant Isolation
- SaaS Metrics and Analytics
- Multi-tenant Data Partitioning
CommIT’s approach is simple: Get the Customer’s Point. Our highly skilled architects hear your story and take in your vision. Only after they fully comprehend what your approach is to the market the correct infrastructure and design be prepared. After designing the Cloud infrastructure and solution architecture of the application and database, our multidisciplinary experts will build your solution, in application development and cloud services implementation, until the full provision of the SAAS solution.
Whether in the Design or in the Build, these artifacts and outcomes are managed throughout all SAAS solutions:
- Project Requirements Document and Roadmap
- Project Status Updates
- Documentation: Testing, Technical Solution/API, Design & Product
- Project Plans and Architecture Diagrams (UML, Infrastructure)
- Infrastructure Templates (CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Chef)
- Retrospective and Subsequent Planning Updates, as well as backlog
Customer Stories –
The key to CommIT’s successful solutions is in high quality delivery of these SaaS-crucial elements:
Security at Every Layer of the Stack
- Ensuring adequate tenant isolation boundaries, adhering to tenant isolation policies
- Tracking, auditing, logging and alerting on cross-tenant events
- Adequate security (authentication, authorization), and mitigation strategies for distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks
- Deep understanding of security postures of both Public and Private APIs
- Meeting all required compliance standards, industry standards and policies, including regular audits
Securing Access to AWS Resources
- Securing access to AWS Resources and Services through custom application logic, whether for IT needs, such as DynamoDB, S3, and EC2, or for tenants in IAM cross account roles, per-resource policies (S3 Bucket Policies) and STS credentials
Access Management to Product Features and Functionality
- Easily scoped Leveraging role-based access control (RBAC) for developers to manage and limit access to products, features and functions within and across applications
- Solutions effectively and automatically respond to and manage spikes in tenant activity, which can be crucial in cases of per-tenant throttling
Tenant Performance Monitoring
- Clearly defined monitoring capabilities, to continually evaluate and optimize individual tenant performance, integrating optimizations which that enhance tenant experience, to tune system performance of the system and address tenant load profiles
Tenant Database Performance
- Appropriate strategies and techniques in place to scale the database and mitigate database performance issues
- Leveraging a scalable approach for database architecture, to allow on-boarding and maintenance of considerable numbers of tenants without the risk of performance degradation
High Availability, Zero Planned Downtime and Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Solutions are resilient to failure and can recover without noticeable customer impact
- Mitigating scheduled downtime for deployment of new application features and versions, for minimal impact on the end users
- Continually release new features via architecture and automation that support deployment automation, enabling rapid reaction to market dynamics and competitive pressure.
Usage Limits per Tenant
- Defining and monitoring tenant-specific limits, to scale infrastructure, provide tier-based consumption, and volume-based discounts, in direction correlation to the requirements defined to achieve adequate customer experience.
Quality of Service (QoS) in Multi-Tenant Service
- Ensuring every customer has the service level promised, by putting measures in place to react to heavy consumers (noisy neighbors), at no cost to other tenants
- Creating and implementing strategies for managing tenants both active and inactive, determining how long resources are maintained and consequences of prolonged inactivity
Multiple Tenant Isolation Modeling: (Example)
- At the AWS Account Layer
- At the Amazon VPC Layer
- At the Amazon VPC Subnet Layer
- At the Container Layer
- At the Application Layer